Traveler's Health and Safety Sourcebook, 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 560
- Publication Date: June 2020
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1843-9
- List Price: $97.00
According to the United States Census of Bureau, the worldwide international tourist arrivals have grown from 25 million in 1950 to nearly 1.2 billion in 2015. Comparably the revenues earned by destinations around the world have grown from 2 billion U.S. dollars in 1950 to 1260 trillion in 2015. It is estimated that until the year 2030, tourism will continue to grow at an average of 3.3 percent annually. The United States domestic travel increased by 1.7 percent from 2018 to about 2.3 billion person-trips in the year 2019.
Traveler’s Health and Safety Sourcebook, First Edition provides information about travel health, safety, advisories and types of traveling that pose health and safety risks. It also includes health risks during travel such as viral infections, jet lag, fish poisoning, altitude sickness along with modes of travel, hosting an exchange student, hazards of hoteling and pretravel preparations. Details on travelers with special considerations such as immunocompromised, pregnant, disabled travelers, including the outbreak of COVID-19 in various countries are explained. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s mobile apps for travel planning along with a directory of organizations that provide health and safety information for teen travelers.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Includes access to Health Reference Series Online.
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts