Traveler's Health and Safety Information for Teens, 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: Angela L. Williams
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 7 ¼ x 9 ¼
- Page Count: 424
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: Feb 2020
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1778-4
- List Price: $69.00
- Download MARC record
Traveling to distant geographical locations provides an opportunity to meet new people, explore different cultures, and broaden one’s perspective about this world. There may be various reasons for traveling, such as education, research, business, tourism, pilgrimage, and so on. Whatever may be the reason, traveling is always exciting and offers many new experiences. Moreover, it is good for one’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It disconnects a person from her/his daily routine, reduces stress, enhances creativity, and helps to rejuvenate her/his soul. According to National Travel & Tourism Office (NTTO), around 41,773,808 U.S. citizens travelled overseas in the year 2018, which accounts to 9% increase in the total number of travelers compared to the previous year.
Traveler’s Health and Safety Information for Teens, First Edition provides an overview about traveling and discusses about the most popular travel destinations in the world. It gives insight into different types of traveling, such as adventure travel, business travel, medical tourism etc., and various modes of travel are explained in detail. It gives information about student exchange programs and explains how students can stay safe while studying abroad. The documentation, planning, and preparation required for an international travel are also discussed. Measures to be taken to stay safe and remain healthy during the travel as well as at the travel destination are provided along with the information about travel vaccination and medication. The book concludes with a resource section that offers information about apps, hotlines and helplines, and other sources of support for travelers.
- Library binding, 7 ¼ x 9 ¼
- 400 pages per volume
- Includes online access
- Authoritative content from respected health organizations; non-technical language and writing style is accessible to young people
- Chapter headings and subheadings break up descriptive text and provide easy navigation
- Standardized callout boxes highlight important information, define terms, or summarize a chapter’s contents
- Tables, charts, and illustrations provide visual aids for technical information and supplement explanations
- Directory of resources with contact information guide further research and identify sources of information and support
- Comprehensive index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts