Stress Information for Teens, 4th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 7 ¼ x 9 ¼
- Page Count: 440
- Publication Date: Nov 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1974-0
- List Price: $71.00
- Download MARC record
Stress can be experienced not only by adults but also teens and children. Puberty’s hormones can induce some especially confusing emotional and physical challenges in adolescents. The stresses teens feel can be good or bad. Some stress in response to internal or external pressures and expectations help teens to perform well and motivates them to do their best. On the other hand, unrealistic or overwhelming pressure stops being helpful, and it can have a negative impact on teens’ health, mood, productivity, relationships, and behavior. Furthermore, stress left unchecked may result in emotional and physical consequences that can last a lifetime.
Stress Information For Teens, Fourth Edition helps readers understand what stress is, recognize the different types of stressors, and realize how stress affects the adolescent mind, body, and behavior. Common causes of teen stress are discussed, and diseases and disorders having possible stress components (including asthma, back pain, chronic fatigue, peptic ulcers, eczema, hair loss, and eating disorders) are explained. Facts about successful practices, therapies, and techniques for handling anger, improving body image and self-esteem, and relieving stress (such as exercise, relaxation techniques, massage therapy, meditation, yoga, art therapies, pet interaction, and journaling) are also included. The book concludes with a directory of stress and stress management resources and suggestions for additional reading.
- Library binding, 7 ¼ x 9 ¼
- 400 pages per volume
- Authoritative content from respected health organizations; non-technical language and writing style is accessible to young people
- Chapter headings and subheadings break up descriptive text and provide easy navigation
- Standardized call out boxes highlight important information, define terms, or summarize a chapter’s contents
- Tables, charts, and illustrations provide visual aids for technical information and supplement explanations
- Directory of resources with contact information guide further research and identify sources of information and support
- Comprehensive index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts