Prostate and Other Urologic Diseases Sourcebook, 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Hardcover
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: April 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1846-0
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Urologic diseases that affect men, women, and children of all ages include a wide variety of conditions, such as urinary tract infections, kidney stones, bladder control problems, and prostate problems, etc., which is all related to filtering and carrying urine out of the body. These diseases affect very specific parts of the body i.e., in females, the urinary tract, and in males, the urinary tract or the reproductive organs. Some common prostate problems include prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), and prostate cancer. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the United States, among men, aside from non-melanoma skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common and leading cause of cancer deaths. In the United States, during 2017, the latest year for which incidence data are available, there were 207,430 new cases of prostate cancer reported, and 30,486 deaths. For every 100,000 men, 107 new prostate cancer cases were reported and there were 19 deaths.
Prostate and Other Urologic Diseases Sourcebook, First Edition begins with an introduction of prostate and urologic diseases. It provides information for men to understand male growth and development, their reproductive system, prostate changes, and bladder problems. It also has information regarding urologic diseases in the United States and also among different age groups. It goes on to explain urinary tract infections (UTI) among men, kidney stones, hydronephrosis, prostatitis, prostate enlargement, prostate and urologic cancers, urethritis, epididymitis and orchitis, and penile curvature. There is information about bladder related problems, urinary retention, hematuria, vesicoureteral reflux, and perineal injury in males. It sheds light on sexual and reproductive concerns facing men such as male infertility, workplace hazards, sexual response and hormonal control, erectile dysfunction, birth control pill, prostate and sex life, and sexual health issues in men with cancer along with disorders of the male reproductive systems. The later part then goes on to explain the diagnosis and treatment and prevention of various prostate and urologic diseases. The book concludes with a glossary of related terms and a directory of resources for more information.
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $97 per volume
- School and Library Price $87 per volume