Pain Sourcebook, 6th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 776
- Publication Date: Feb 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1889-7
- List Price: $95.00
- Download MARC record
Pain is an unpleasant feeling or an emotion that is associated with potential or actual tissue damage. The three main categories of pain include acute, cancer, and chronic pain. Pain management or treatment includes therapies, medications, and mind-body techniques. According to the 2016 statistics provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 20.4% of U.S. adults had chronic pain and about 8% of adults have high-impact chronic pain. The prevalence of chronic pain and high-impact chronic pain were higher among adults aged 65 and over.
Pain Sourcebook, Sixth Edition provides detailed information on encountering and avoiding pain. It also includes musculoskeletal pain such as back and neck pain, repetitive motion disorders, and sports injuries. This book also discusses other pain-related injuries and disorders, such as dental pain, gastrointestinal pain, neuropathies, urological pain along with medical management of pain which includes pain relievers, surgical procedures for pain relief, and multidisciplinary pain management programs. A glossary of related terms and directory of organizations that provide information about pain management.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Includes access to Health Reference eLibrary.
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $95 per volume
- School and Library Price $85 per volume