Musculoskeletal Disorders Sourcebook 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: James Chambers
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 560
- Publication Date: March 2022
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-2028-9
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Musculoskeletal Disorders Sourcebook, First Edition provides comprehensive information about the musculoskeletal system, its functions, and common musculoskeletal disorders affecting the bones, muscles, and joints. This book also provides information regarding musculoskeletal system defects caused by genetic factors and congenital anomalies. Along with cancers of the musculoskeletal system, this book contains information regarding workplace-related musculoskeletal conditions caused by repetitive stress injuries to the bones, muscles, and joints, and ways to prevent those injuries. Prevention strategies, therapeutic management of musculoskeletal pain, and rehabilitation techniques are also discussed.
This book is divided into parts and chapters consisting of related information and chapters and is designed to concentrate on a single topic to make it easier for the readers to gain information on their areas of interest. It concludes with a glossary of terms related to musculoskeletal disorders and a directory of organizations for additional information.
Part I: An Overview of the Musculoskeletal System and Its Disorders briefs about muscular and skeletal systems and how it functions. It describes muscle and bone diseases and the importance of musculoskeletal health. This part also presents information on the causes and symptoms of musculoskeletal pain, as well as the prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders among different age groups.
Part II: Common Musculoskeletal Disorders and Conditions covers conditions that affect bones, joints, muscles, and the spine. It also has a dedicated chapter for chronic pain syndromes and sports injuries. It has a guide for parents on preventing sports injuries in their children.
Part III: Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders and Ergonomics explores musculoskeletal disorders across major industries. It starts by giving a general overview and goes into an industry-specific overview. It further discusses work environment standards and how to perform risk assessments.
Part IV: Musculoskeletal Disorders Caused by Genetic Factors and Congenital Abnormalities presents major musculoskeletal disorders such as muscular dystrophy (MD), congenital limb defects, and congenital myopathy that result from genetic factors and congenital abnormalities. It also discusses the symptoms, causes, and treatments of such musculoskeletal disorders.
Part V: Cancers and Other Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System covers primary cancers and other neurodegenerative diseases that are related to bone, muscle, and joints. It also includes the discussion of rare cancer and neurological disease, its symptoms, and diagnosis.
Part VI: Musculoskeletal Health: Prevention, Management, and Rehabilitation describes preventive measures and safe physical activities for different age categories. It briefs about how to cope with chronic musculoskeletal pain, complementary and alternative musculoskeletal disorder treatments. The part concludes with exploring assistive devices that facilitate the pain or movements.
Part VII: Additional Help and Information includes a glossary of terms related to Musculoskeletal System and a directory of resources for additional help and support.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Volumes published after June 2015 include access to Health Reference Series Online.
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $95 per volume
- School and Library Price $85 per volume