Movement Disorders Sourcebook, 4th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: Aug 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1913-9
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Every year millions of Americans experience the slowed, stiff, jerky, or excessive motions that characterize the neurological conditions known as movement disorders. For many, movement disorders cause chronic pain, weakness, and disability and make employment and independent living difficult or impossible. Although most movement disorders cannot be cured, patients who get timely diagnosis and educate themselves about medications, surgeries, and therapies may find relief of painful symptoms and face fewer limitations.
Movement Disorders Sourcebook, Fourth Edition provides information about the common types and symptoms of movement disorders in children and adults. This book details the causes and treatments of Parkinson disease and provides information on other hypokinetic movement disorders, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia, myoclonus, spina bifida, and spinal cord injury. Basic facts about hyperkinetic movement disorders, including dystonia, essential tremor, choreatic disorders, Huntington disease, movement disorders during sleep, and Tourette syndrome, are provided. In addition, the book offers information about surgical and nonsurgical treatments, physical therapies, strategies for independent living, and tips for spouses, caregivers, and parents of people with movement disorders, as well as clinical trials and research on various movement disorders. The volume concludes with a glossary of related terms and a directory of resources.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $97 per volume
- School and Library Price $87 per volume