Mental Disability and Rehabilitation Sourcebook, 1st Edition
- Author/Editor: Angela L. Williams
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 5 ½ x 8 ½
- Page Count: 250
- Publication Date: Nov 2019
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1766-1
- List Price: $47.00
- Download MARC record
Mental disability is an impairment or long-term loss of mental function. Data from The National Institute of Mental Health Information Resource Center report that in 2017, there were an estimated 46.6 million adults aged 18 or older in the United States with any mental illness (AMI). This number represented 18.9% of all U.S. adults with mental disabilities, which includes conditions in varying degrees of severity, but only a fraction of people find appropriate treatment and sources of rehabilitation.
Recent government data indicate that nearly 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental disability and disturbances of emotional equilibrium. Mental Disability and Rehabilitation, First Edition, provides an overview of the most common types of mental disability, behavioral-health therapies, co-occurring disorders, medications commonly used to treat mental disability, treatment options, culturally competent care, accessibility, rehabilitation, and the ways in which the Affordable Care Act provides parity protections for behavioral-health services, along with tips on finding a therapist, supporting a friend or family member through diagnosis and treatment, and information about the neurodiversity movement, along with information on how to find government and local disability programs and resources.
Standard Features in the Disability Series
- 5 ½ x 8 ½
- 200-300 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.