Health Technology Sourcebook, 2nd Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: July 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1911-5
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Technology has revolutionized the way healthcare is being delivered today, from preventive medicine to rehabilitation. Future technological innovations will transform healthcare, helping health-care professionals provide better services with enhanced precision. More than anything, technology drives healthcare, enabling good health and wellness to people all over the world. The emergence of health information technology has made things easier, faster, and simpler for health-care professionals. It provides information they need with the click of a button. According to the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), in 2018 a majority of individuals (84 percent) are confident their medical records are safe from unauthorized viewing but have concerns (66 percent) when health information is electronically exchanged. More individuals are now confident their records are safe from unauthorized viewing, compared to 2017.
Health Technology Sourcebook, Second Edition provides facts about health technology, telehealth, its expansion benefits, and uses during COVID-19, telemedicine technology, digital health, innovations in preventive medicine, screening and detection, imaging, and patient monitoring services. It further discusses medical and surgical treatment technologies, new cancer technologies, nutrigenomics, nanotechnology, robotics, rehabilitation, and assistive devices, and health information technology. In addition, it details ethical and legal concerns of medical technology, cloning and cloning laws, and the future of health technology. The book concludes with a directory of resources for additional information and a list of suggestions for further reading about health technology.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume.
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $95 per volume
- School and Library Price $85 per volume