Government Assistance Almanac 2017, 24th Ed.
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 1260
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: October 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1540-7
- List Price: $275.00
Web Price: $250.00
The 24th edition of Government Assistance Almanac gives users updated information on all available federal domestic assistance programs. These programs represent nearly $2 trillion worth of federal assistance earmarked for distribution to consumers, children, parents, veterans, senior citizens, students, businesses, civic groups, state and local agencies, and others.
The book covers every program described in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA), but in a format that is much more understandable and accessible to the general reader. It condenses the information in the federal catalog to the essentials needed by those seeking federal assistance. For a more complete understanding of the coverage offered in Government Assistance Almanac, please see the Sample Pages.
More than 2,000 programs are covered in this edition of Government Assistance Almanac, and each program listing includes:
- Federal program number and title
- Types of assistance available
- Program objectives and permissible use of the funds
- Eligibility factors for applicants and beneficiaries
- Range and average amounts awarded
- Summary of recent activity
- Contact information for program headquarters and websites for more information
This conveniently organized directory presents all the essential information needed for those seeking to identify and obtain grants, loans, insurance, subsidies, fellowships, scholarships, traineeships, and other financial and non-financial assistance. Government Assistance Almanac is an indispensable reference source.
- More than 2,000 entries describe federal programs that provide assistance
- Websites are included for all programs and references to legislation authorizing government assistance
- Summary Tables provide four-year comparisons of federal assistance by agency, department, and administrative unit, with details on the 50 largest and the 50 smallest programs in the current year
- The Field Office Contacts section provides addresses and telephone numbers for more than 3,000 field offices
- The Agency Index lists all federal administrative units and sub-units, which helps those searching specifically for administrative entities
- The Master Index is especially user-friendly, with extensive referencing and cross-referencing that ensures multiple points of access to each entry
"Useful and understandable information on all federal domestic assistance programs in the United States. ... This reference source is user friendly, authoritative, and informative for it has an extensive referencing and cross-referencing index that will enable the user to find the program they are looking for with ease. ... A reference source no public or academic library can do without."
—American Reference Books Annual
"Neatly laid out, easy to read, and filled with information that can be used by a just-getting-started researcher trying to find out about Federal programs or someone looking for a specific agency's grant-giving options. ..."Value-added" features include granting agency URLs, an extensive "master index" including cross references, for all programs and references to legislation authorizing government assistance, an agency index of Federal administrative units and sub-units, summary tables that compare many different federal levels over four years and contact addresses and phone numbers for more than 3,000 agency field offices."
—Public Library Quarterly