Global Public Health and Disease Control, 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: July 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1964-1
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Advancement in technologies and medicines has increased the general health of people and their life expectancies in recent decades. However, there are still inequalities in health and healthcare among people depending on geographical conditions and wealth. Infection prevention and control (IPC) of the World Health Organization (WHO) has researched and created a scientific and practical solution that can prevent the harm caused by infection to patients and health workers. According to the statistics provided by WHO states that 1 in 10 patients get infected while receiving care and up to 32 percent of surgical patients get a postoperative infection.
Global Public Health and Infection Control Sourcebook, First Edition gives an overview of global public health, its services, security, and regulations along with various other infectious diseases that affect global health such as pneumonia, cholera, ebola, zika. This book also deals with the precautions and remedies to prevent the transmission of such diseases and to protect the public and the environment. The determinants of public health disease such as health equity, environmental climate change, and the challenges faced are discussed. Information about health policies, law, and ethics are explained along with a glossary of related terms and a directory of organizations that provide information about global health.
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $97 per volume
- School and Library Price $87 per volume