Teen Health Series
Fitness Information for Teens, 5th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 7 ¼ x 9 ¼
- Page Count: 320
- Publication Date: Nov 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1968-9
- List Price: $71.00
- Download MARC record
Fitness is generally defined as the person’s ability to perform various physical activities without feeling tired. Physical fitness provides strong bones and muscles and helps in reducing several health problems such as diabetes, blood pressure, cancer and improves the quality of life. According to the statistics provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2017, about 24 percent of children and adolescents aged 6-17 participate in 60 minutes of physical activity every day, and 51.7 percent of high school students participate in physical education classes.
Fitness Information for Teens, Fifth Edition provides information on the key components of fitness, facts about physical activity among teens, and the significance of sleep and healthy nutrition. This also consists of a fitness plan and exercise fundamentals such as martial arts, combined exercise, cardiovascular exercise to maintain a healthy weight, various activities for teens involved in the team and as an individual, along with sports fitness safety and overcoming obstacles to physical fitness. The book concludes with a glossary of terms related to fitness and a directory of organizations with information on specific sports and activities.
- Library binding, 7 ¼ x 9 ¼
- 400 pages per volume
- Authoritative content from respected health organizations; non-technical language and writing style is accessible to young people
- Chapter headings and subheadings break up descriptive text and provide easy navigation
- Standardized callout boxes highlight important information, define terms, or summarize a chapter’s contents
- Tables, charts, and illustrations provide visual aids for technical information and supplement explanations
- Directory of resources with contact information guide further research and identify sources of information and support
- Comprehensive index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts