Family Planning and Reproductive Health Sourcebook, 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Hardcover
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: May 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1895-8
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
The state of complete physical, mental and social well-being in all the matters of the reproductive system, its functions and processes are termed to be reproductive health. Family planning is one of the most basic and essential healthcare services that helps in promoting reproductive health. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the year 2015-17, 64.9 percent of the women among the 72.2 million in the United States were using contraception. The most commonly used contraceptive methods are female sterilization, oral contraceptive pill, long-lasting reversible contraceptives, and male condom.
Family Planning and Reproductive Health Sourcebook, First Edition provides information on birth control and how it works, the attitudes of women toward family planning, the importance of family planning and contraception that includes the effectiveness of contraceptives, birth spacing, the contraceptive methods, and usage. It also explains the reproductive disorders in women and men, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), maternal and infant health concerns such as preterm birth, infant mortality, mental health impacts. Details on safety in family planning and reproductive health, its programs, initiatives, and coverages, and the future of family planning such as telemedicine, assisted reproductive technology, and expanding access to family planning in fragile settings. The book concludes with a glossary of related terms and a directory of resources for more information about family planning and reproductive health.
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $97 per volume
- School and Library Price $87 per volume