Ethnicity, Race, and Disease Sourcebook, 1st Ed.
- Author/Editor: Angela L. Williams
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: March 2020
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1780-7
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Ethnicity is an aspect that refers to cultural factors, including nationality, ancestry, regional culture, and language. However, Race refers to a groups of people who have similarities and differences in biological qualities deemed from the society. Based on stroke statistics by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it is estimated that the risk of having the first stroke is twice as high for Blacks compared to Whites. It is found that prevalence of arthritis in White/non-Hispanic is 22.6 percent while Hispanic/Latino is 15.4 percent. Hence, it is better to study about diseases and the common conditions in different ethnic groups and the strategies involved to improve health.
Ethnicity, Race, and Disease Sourcebook, First Edition provides information about measuring racial and social determinants of health and barriers to health equity. It also gives information about health status of U.S. populations along with life expectancy, and disparities in health literacy. Health disparities among ethnic groups, cancer disparities, and genetic conditions specific to ethnic groups are also explained in this book. Diabetes, cancer, asthma, and chronic liver disease related to ethnicity and race are discussed in this book. This book also includes strategies to improve healthcare/eliminate disparity. This book gives insight to patient rights and responsibilities, healthcare fraud, illegal diabetes treatment, and weight loss scam. A directory of resources provides list of organizations that support ethnicity and race.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Volumes published after June 2015 include access to Health Reference Series Online.
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $95 per volume
- School and Library Price $85 per volume