Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders Sourcebook, 3rd Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 512
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: March 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1464-6
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that in 2010, roughly one in 68 children aged 8 years old has received a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and studies indicate that the prevalence of ASD is increasing. Researchers believe several factors, including genes, brain dysfunction, and environmental factors, play a role in causing ASD.
Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders Sourcebook, 3rd Edition, provides information about the specific types of autism spectrum disorders. It explains symptoms, assessment, and diagnosis of ASD as well as the importance of early interventions, and it provides educational guidelines for teachers and parents of children with ASD. Support, safety, transition, and other helpful information for families and individuals affected by ASD is also provided.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts