Health Reference Series
Arthritis Sourcebook, 6th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: March 2022
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1986-3
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Arthritis is a common but not very well understood disease as it is not a single disease and there are 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Tenderness or swelling in one or more joints is termed arthritis and the main symptoms are joint pain and stiffness. Arthritis affects people of all ages, genders, and races, and it is the biggest cause of disability in the United States. It affects almost 60 million adults and 300,000 children. It is more common in women
Arthritis Sourcebook, Sixth Edition provides detailed information on the overview and the risk factors of arthritis, the types, and their related medical conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis, Lupus, carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), Sjögren syndrome, and so on. This also explains current treatment strategies for arthritis along with self-management strategies using herbs, dietary supplements, complementary and alternative medicines to reduce pain and inflammation, and dietary interventions that help manage arthritis, and how to enhance mobility, functional independence, and quality of life. The book concludes a glossary of terms related to arthritis and a directory of organizations for additional information.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $97 per volume
- School and Library Price $87 per volume