Alcoholism Sourcebook, 6th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Kevin Hayes
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 496
- Publication Date: Sept 2021
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1917-7
- List Price: $97.00
- Download MARC record
Alcoholism is a specific type of addiction and alcohol is considered to be the most commonly used substance in the United States. Various researches show that American alcohol use habits can be unhealthy and most people in the United States consider alcohol consumption as a coping mechanism that can turn into disorder overtime. According to the 2019 statistics provided by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), it is reported that about 85.6 percent of people aged 18 and over have consumed alcohol at some point of their lifetime. The statistics also show that about 15 million people aged 12 and older are affected by alcohol use disorder (AUD).
Alcoholism Sourcebook, Sixth Edition provides detailed information about alcoholism, its consequences, effects, and treatment. It explains the psychosocial factors in alcoholism, binge drinking, underage drinking, and the physical effects of alcohol abuse such as cardiovascular disease, neuropathy, alcohol-induced liver disease and so on. This book also describes the alcohol’s effect on reproductive and fetal health, the alcohol-associated mental-health problems such as anxiety, stress, and suicide along with treatment methods such as counseling, long-term support, and detoxification. The book concludes with a glossary of related terms and a directory of organizations and support groups for alcohol-related concerns.
Standard Features in the Health Reference Series
- Library Binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters. Parts focus on broad areas of interest. Chapters are devoted to single topics within a part.
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
- List Price $97 per volume
- School and Library Price $87 per volume