Health Reference Series Online
- Trim Size: Online
- Page Count:
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: Annual Access
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1608-4
- List Price: $3,050.00
Web Price: $2,750.00
Health Reference Series Online delivers ongoing online-only access to all current and future publications in the Health Reference Series and Teen Health Series collections. Designed for individuals with no specific medical knowledge, this easy-to-use and authoritative source provides basic medical information for patients, families, caregivers, and the general public. Users will find the volumes to be excellent resources for reference, research, and personal information.
Content Scope and Coverage
- is organized in a logical and thoughtful way that presents overarching concepts before methodically drilling down to more detailed topics
- is expertly compiled from the vast array of consumer health information available on a particular topic
- pulls together a wide variety of articles from authoritative sources to inform and educate readers about a medical condition, disease or disorder
- contains content written at the level of a general audience
- presents the most up-to-date information while also making sure that those updates will be meaningful over time
Health Reference Series Online allows users to access these valuable resources however and whenever they want on multiple devices including tablets and smart phones.
Online access also features:
- Natural Language Search engine that allows users to search in and across volumes and to take advantage of the suggested searches provided to them based on their own search terms.
- Personal accounts for individual users
- Handy research tools, including citation generation, highlights and notes creation, saving, downloading, emailing, and sharing on social media
- Clean, intuitive interface
“A valuable medical research resource for public libraries and primary or secondary school libraries.”
— Library Journal
30-Day Free Trial
Click here to request a free 30 day trial.
Standard Features in Health Reference Series Online
- Unlimited users at up to three locations
- Remote access from anywhere at any time
- Access on any device…desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone
- Individual user accounts for patrons and students
- Clean, intuitive interface
- Powerful natural-language search
- Handy researcher tools including citation generation
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, university research centers, professional medical associations, and non-profit health organizations.
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation.
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations.
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms.
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support.
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts.
"A valuable medical research resource for public libraries and primary or secondary school libraries. It may also serve as a basic reference for career and vocational schools."
— Library Journal, May '17
“Health Reference Series has become a hallmark of reliable, timely consumer-oriented health information.”