Gastrointestinal Diseases and Disorders Sourcebook, 3rd Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: Feb. 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1457-8
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
The gastrointestinal tract includes the stomach, intestines, and other organs related to digestion. Disorders that interfere with the digestive process affect an estimated 60 to 70 million Americans and account for more than 35 million doctor visits every year.
Gastrointestinal Diseases and Disorders Sourcebook, 3rd Edition, provides information about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases and disorders affecting the esophagus, stomach, intestines, appendix, gall bladder, liver, and pancreas. It also describes the effects of food intolerances, infectious diseases, and various cancers on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts