Domestic Violence Sourcebook, 5th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 640
- Publication Date: March 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1460-8
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Victims of domestic violence include both women and men and people of every age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and economic level. Many of those caught in the cycle of domestic violence feel isolated and powerless and do not know the avenues of help available to them.
Domestic Violence Sourcebook, 5th Edition, defines forms of domestic abuse, describes risk factors, and offers tips for recognizing abuse. It discusses building healthy relationships, intervening in abusive situations, and gives guidelines for managing emergency situations. Information about protecting oneself before, during, and after a separation from an abuser is provided, along with tips for navigating the legal system and preventing workplace violence.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts