Disabilities Sourcebook, 3rd Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: Nov. 2015
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1384-7
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
About one in five Americans experience disabilities that impair functioning and interfere with daily activities. Although most people with disabilities lead healthy, productive lives, having a disability can increase the risk for illness or injury and interfere with educational goals or employment. People with more severe disabilities may require help with daily activities, or even need nursing care.
Disabilities Sourcebook, 3rd Edition, offers people with disabilities and their caregivers basic information about impairments caused by birth defects, sensory and communication disorders, learning disabilities, chronic illness, injury, and trauma. It discusses technologies, devices, and services that foster independence, as well as the importance of nutrition, exercise, personal hygiene, and pain management. Information about special education and legal, employment, and financial issues is also included.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts