Diabetes Sourcebook, 6th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: Jan. 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1454-7
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
According to the American Diabetes Association, over 8 percent of the U.S. population is living with diabetes, and that number is growing. Diabetes is a chronic disorder characterized by high levels of blood sugar. Its complications include heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, blindness, kidney disease, nervous system disease, and limb amputation. Poorly controlled blood glucose levels can also result in acute medical emergencies or even death.
Diabetes Sourcebook, 6th Edition, provides basic consumer information about the different types of diabetes and their diagnosis, management, and treatment. It also offers guidelines for recognizing and treating diabetic emergencies.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts