Counties USA, 4th Ed.
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 8 ½ x 11
- Page Count: 794
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: 2012
- ISBN: 978-1-934228-60-9
- List Price: $164.00
Web Price: $148.00
Counties USA, 4th Edition, provides statistical, descriptive, and contact information for the more than 3,100 counties and county equivalents in the United States. Each listing provides population ranking within state, population per square mile, population change, and population breakdown by race, age, home value, income, poverty, unemployment, and much more.
The work provides many different measurements for each county: population ranking within state, population breakdown by race, population per square mile, and population change from 2005 to 2010, as well as median age, median home value, median household income, per capita income, median travel time to work, percentage of population working outside county of residence, population below poverty level, and unemployment rate. This edition also features county rankings in a variety of categories and a table listing major cities within each county. For a more complete understanding of the coverage offered in Counties USA, please see the Sample Pages.
Counties USA, 4th Edition, will be a tremendous value for those using demographic data, particularly for marketing purposes.
Arrangement of Information
Information is organized by states, with the following types of information included for each state grouping:
- A state map outlining the names and boundaries of the counties and statistically equivalent areas for each state; each state map also identifies the county seat for each county
- A brief listing for that state, with a number to call for general information about the state; the state’s website; and statistical data in the same categories as the data provided for county listings
- Detailed listings for each of the counties/county equivalents in that state, including contact and statistical data as well as some descriptive information
Content of Counties Listings
Information provided for each county includes the following:
- Contact data: The name of the county seat and its address and telephone number; fax numbers and county websites also are given as available
- Description: A brief description of the general location of the county, as well as other background information such as dates of incorporation or organization, if available
- Name origin: Historical notes on the origin of the county name
- Area: Total county area in square miles, along with separate figures for land and water areas. This edition also gives the population per square mile in each county
- Statistical data: Includes population and related data as well as statistics on income and employment