Cancer Sourcebook For Women, 5th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: Oct. 2015
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1379-3
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death among women in the United States, after heart disease, but in recent years incidence rates have stabilized and mortality has decreased for many of the top cancers in women. With improved screening programs and innovative treatments, women diagnosed with cancer now have a better chance than ever of overcoming the disease.
Cancer Sourcebook for Women, 5th Edition offers information about cancers of special concern to women, including breast cancer, gynecologic cancers, and cancers responsible for the most deaths in women, with information included on risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, and selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts