Cancer Sourcebook, 7th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 1344
- Publication Date: Aug. 2015
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1355-7
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Cancer is actually many different diseases that all share one common characteristic—some of the body’s cells continue to grow and divide instead of dying when they should. This process damages the body, leading to a broad array of symptoms and even death. Despite the development of new treatments and recent improvements in survival rates, cancer remains the second leading cause of death in the United States, and nearly 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer each year.
Cancer Sourcebook, 7th Edition, provides information about common types of cancer and explains how a healthy lifestyle, along with screening exams, can help reduce the risk of cancer. Information about the various treatment choices available for cancer is included.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts