Brain Disorders Sourcebook, 4th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 625
- Publication Date: July 2015
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1352-6
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Millions of Americans and their families experience the daily challenges of living with physical, mental, or emotional difficulties that result from brain disorders caused by heredity, infection, injury, tumors, or degeneration. Damage to the brain may result in permanent disability, but with appropriate treatment and follow-up care many affected individuals are able to participate fully in day-to-day activities.
Brain Disorders Sourcebook, 4th Edition, provides readers with information about brain function, neurological emergencies such as stroke or seizure, and symptoms of brain disorders. It describes the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation therapies for genetic and congenital brain disorders, brain infections, brain tumors, seizures, traumatic brain injuries, and degenerative neurological disorders.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts