Asthma Sourcebook, 4th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Book Level:
- Publication Date: February 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1480-6
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Asthma is a chronic disorder characterized by inflammation of the air passages, which temporarily narrows the passageways that transport air to the lungs. Poorly controlled asthma can lead to reduced productivity, missed days at work or school, and acute medical emergencies, or even death. According to the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, approximately 23 million Americans, including almost 7 million children, have asthma, and that number is growing.
Asthma Sourcebook, 4th Edition, provides basic consumer information about the different types of asthma and how they are diagnosed and treated, including information about the most common asthma triggers and suggestions for minimizing or avoiding them.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts