Allergies Sourcebook 5th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 600
- Publication Date: Jan. 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1451-6
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Allergies are the sixth leading cause of chronic disease in the United States, and according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, about half of all Americans test positive for at least one of the most common allergens. Symptoms associated with allergic reactions can range from mild annoyances to life-threatening anaphylaxis. Despite their widespread occurrence, however, allergies are not well understood.
Allergies Sourcebook, 5th Edition, provides information about the causes, triggers, treatments, and prevalence of common allergic disorders. It discusses the immune system and its role in the development of allergic disorders and describes common allergens and allergic reactions. Information about diagnosis, treatment, coping strategies, and prevention is included.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts