Alcoholism Sourcebook, 4th Ed.
- Author/Editor: Keith Jones
- Binding: Library binding
- Trim Size: 6 x 9
- Page Count: 610
- Publication Date: Sept. 2015
- ISBN: 978-0-7808-1375-5
- List Price: $95.00
Web Price: $85.00
Excessive alcohol use is the third leading lifestyle-related cause of death in the United States. While moderate drinking can have some health benefits for adults, heavy alcohol use and binge drinking can harm the body, disrupt relationships, and lead to risky behaviors, injury, illness, or death. Furthermore, any alcohol use can cause permanent harm to underage drinkers and to the unborn children of pregnant women.
Alcoholism Sourcebook, 4th Edition, provides information about alcohol use, abuse, and dependence, including the effect of alcohol on physical and mental health; on reproductive and fetal health; and on families, workplaces, and communities. Information is also included on treatment.
- Library binding, 6 x 9
- 550-650 pages per volume
- Easy-to-use volumes organized into parts and chapters
- Parts focus on broad areas of interest; chapters focus on single topics within a part
- Authoritative content from respected government agencies and institutes, along with selected original material
- Comprehensive chapters feature generous use of headings and subheadings for ease of navigation
- Tables, charts, and illustrations display statistical data and supplement explanations
- Helpful glossary provides definitions of technical terms
- Resource directories with contact information highlight organizations that can provide further information and support
- Professionally prepared master index provides easy access to descriptive information, definitions, and related concepts
" Very highly recommended and core addition to personal, medical clinic, counseling center, community, and academic library Alcoholism Studies reference collections."
— Library Bookwatch, Oct '15